Friday, March 10, 2023

Educational Blogging

 Educational blogging is usually done with a specific subject or educational topic in mind. Most blogs are done by teachers, students, and researchers. There is a vast range of blogs to be found from educators on the internet. Which blogging educationally has become very beneficial for teachers. The benefits include building communication skills, writing skills, and even social skills. A blog can connect many through opinions and data found from personal research. As educators it is important to find a method to communicate to other educators or individuals knowledgeable about education. Blogging adds the creativeness to methods of teaching, and can help broaden perspectives on methods as well.  Students blogging for educational purposes is also important, because it also aids in building  skills for them to grow with peers. Blogging is just a way to connect with others and find out more on a certain  subject or method. It is a way of finding a community that may support you as well, with today's new technology  finding that is easier than ever.

Through, examining the blogs of my peers I was able to learn more on different issues that might effect students in the classroom. Also those that must be taught in an effort to better relationships among peers and their future communities. The first one comes from Anna Loy, Good Grief: An Introduction to Bereavement. Many educators do not understand how to address grief for students, and many educators do not see the best methods to help students overcome their grief. There are many resources available for students to use when grieving so it is important as educators to learn how to connect students to them.Also be empathetic to their situation and figure out a way to help them continue to learn  despite their situation. The second blog, gave me insight over classroom management skills, Classroom Management: Practical Strategies for Your Classroom by Ms. Willard, it is important to be able to control the classroom. Control over the classroom leads to a stable learning environment that will help students learning progress smoothly. My classmate does a good job in explaining the best methods to use classroom management with.I know I lack knowledge on how to control the classroom ,so this is useful. The final blog that expanded my knowledge, was Cyber Bullying Prevention Saves Lives by Bailey Timmer. This blog emphasize the importance of teaching students how to navigate the internet safely and respectfully. My classmates points out  a good point that with more technology being integrated into the classroom it is important to teach professional social norms for technology. It is important to keep others safe so practicing good methods for online is vital, especially preventing on what is cyber bullying. All my classmates did a great job in expressing their own personal take on the topic and expanding on the topic they did. I learned a a lot on new topics I had never really thought of.

Individual on their Laptop

Throughout my blogging experience I learned that blogging can be beneficial. Personally, I like the idea of having a platform where I can share ideas with other educators or students/parents can learn more on the background of certain methods. Blogging is also a way to show professional character in what you want to do in your classroom. Through blogging I have learned more on what I want to do in my classroom and what I want to experiment with it. Examining other’s blogs has also allowed me to see how to conduct new methods or what has/ has not worked for others. I like blogging because it is a platform where you can build a community of other educators and not only educators. Input from students also allows for an increase in productivity. With today's advanced technological features, blogging is a great idea to keep track and become more personal in a formal way with others. It also allows for an easier way to express your ideas on certain things. A community can be built through those ideas. Aiding in expanding perspectives for others is also very important and seeing my peers blogs showed me that was possible. Blogging has allowed me to realize some of my own opinions as well. I think putting your words in a format that you know will help others or others will see really helps develop character. Again, blogging helps keep all individuals intertwined into your classroom, your mindset, or even your research. It is so versatile to work with and that is why I enjoy blogging. I hope to continue to grow my writing skills with blogging and grow my mindset about different teaching methods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Energy Transfer Between Trophic Levels

This is a digital story on nutrientenergy that transfers between animals, trophic levels. This story is an activity I would like to use in m...